The summer break is just around the corner and what a perfect time to take action and positively shape and organise the way you want to work from summer onward. Check out our six tips that can help you to make your business more effective:
1. If you are the business owner and need more help to get you organised, hire a virtual assistant (VA) to:
- take care of all your day-to-day administrative tasks;
- sort out your records and information; and
- Work on creating and/or developing your systems and process.
2. Create a plan and schedule enough time to carry out all your must do business-building actions. Or in other words, all your emails, reports, tenders, trackers and promotional activities and other items that need to be done to keep business running and flowing.
3. Set aside one day a week to get all your planning and implementation actions done. Then, if you have a VA, ask him or her to action them while you go to networking events etc.
4. Use a planning calendar to plan out all your business-building tasks. Plan your whole summer in advance (and better yet, plan ’til the end of the year), so you know what needs to be done and what your team needs to do to support you.
5. Carve out a new work schedule for your must-dos and make sure they get done – everything else can wait. If you are at your best in the morning, get up a little earlier and get your stuff done; if you’re a night owl do it later- but in either case just get stuff done.
6. Don’t work too hard or be too hard on yourself. Sometimes it’s hard to balance work and home life. If you find yourself thinking, planning and observing more, and business isn’t suffering because of it, give yourself a pat on the back because you have become a more effective leader.